1. Nonviolence is a way of life for courageous people.
2. The Beloved Community is the framework for the future.
3. Attack forces of evil, not persons doing evil.
4. Accept suffering without retaliation for the sake of the cause to achieve a goal.
5. Avoid internal violence of the spirit as well as external physical violence.
6. The universe is on the side of justice.
“You may retaliate against us with all the forces of hatred, but we will be more inspired with all the forces of love, and we will wear you down.”
–Martin Luther King, Jr.
Source: Martin Luther King, Jr. Stride Toward Freedom